Such a Shame

There's a country road in every city
There's a sun in every sky
I'e been driving for a decade,
They've been the best years of my life
America is never ending,
As I drive the interstate
The sun is shining through the windshield
Don't know how much I can take

And it's a shame, shame, shame, shame, shame

Well My tank was almost empty
And I had 15 dollars life
I found a station outside Newark
Saw a sign, said I was blessed
I drove on through the country
Saw an ocean full of corn
It was the sweetest thing I'd tasted
Since the day that I was born

And it's a shame, shame, shame, shame, shame

I saw a 65 Camarro
It was shining like the sun
But I kept driving in my saturn
Dreamt of what I would become
Oh, the moon is never shining
Like the warm St. Louis nights
But tonight this California
Decided to ignite

It's a shame, shame, shame, shame shame

It was Me and my friend Rico
We were driving down Broadway
I was looking for an answer
But we found Chinese buffet
And I said "Rico, won't you listen
To a song I want to sing
About an optimistic future."
He just laughed and said to me

It's a shame, shame, shame, shame shame

Comments

Popular Posts