Split Sky


We took a test today. I didn't think that it was difficult. I'll see how difficult it was later, though. Last night, I played for the Navy flag football team for the first time in a year. It was awesome to be activce again. I'm crazy out of shape, but that should change over time, God willing. The sky was nuts out here today. When I woke up, it was raining for the first time since Feb. I love rain, but the rain out here is different. It seems confused. It rained for most of the day, but by 2 it had stopped. Then, it started again about fifteen minutes later. Then it stopped again. As I was leaving school, heading back to the same coffee shop, I saw to my right, towards the mountains, a perfectly blue sky. Then I looked to my left over the bay and saw the darkest most storm-filled sky I have ever seen. There was a definite line down the center of the sky, dividing night and day. It is a sweet and obvious metaphor that I'm probably expected to write out. But, I'll let you employ your own. Needless to say, I'm ready for the constant Midwest skies again. In due time, in due time. I'm playing a show in Santa Cruz on Dec 2nd. It will be my first show out west. I'm looking forward to it. Pray for me. Check out some of my music on myspace. And just like that, I'm out. I'm teaching at the Middle School tonight. So I have to study. God Bless.



Rain's First Assualt on Summer

Increase, Increase my tired feet
The clouds begin to cry
They glide atop themselves just like a star atop the sky
The slow and sweet soft summer breeze
It makes my spirit fly
I'll sleep the sleep of a thousand sheep
Before I die tonight

Comments

Nom de plume said…
Mondo -
I was definitely making a phone call while checking your blog. Right as I pulled your page up, the guy at the race registration answered the phone. My heart had dropped when I saw the tombstone on your post, and it took me a minute to remember there was someone on the other line waiting to talk to me! What the heck is that a picture of?!?!?!!?
Mahndo said…
That's my grandfather. He died several years ago. I realized that it might send the wrong message after I posted it. Sorry to scare you. I'm alive and well.

Popular Posts