Little Victories, or "Now that our lives have changed"


Today, my flickr account greeted me in arabic when I signed on. Their automatic system is very perceptive of late. It's been a busy week and weekend. We had a test on Thursday - the first unit test that I did not take the first time through. I am officially caught up! That is a happy occaision, cause for celebration. But that also means that my class time is crucial again.
I sold my first print of a picture that I took. Another cause for celebration. Granted, it was one of my friends that bought it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I actually sold a piece of my own creative material. I addition to that, thanks to the new camera, I got a gig to take pictures of another friend's band's show. The show was at this bar in Seaside, the bar itself was one of the shadiest places I've ever been. It was only my second bar expirence, the first being in Costa Rica. This place broke my heart, just seeing the emptiness that was manifested by the way the people interacted and portrayed themselves. As for the band, they were pretty good. I posted some of the pictures on flickr. So by definition, I'm a professional photographer. Happy occaision number three.
As for the fourth, I finally got into the recording studio to start on my demo (pictured above). Saturday, Andrew Wessbecher, my drummer, and I got up there and recorded for about three and a half hours. I'd say we just about knocked out half of the demo on the recording end. It was quick and efficent, exactly what I was praying for. Praise the Lord. I'm speculating that the demo will be out by the end of March. I'll keep posting about that.
My iPod has been acting up. Might just be time to take advantage of that apple care plan.
The Middle School Winter Camp is this upcoming weekend, and I'm excited, I'm very, very excited. Keep that in your prayers, whoever you may be. Until next time, God bless.

Comments

Romondo Davis said…
Thanks for sharing your "little" victories. They don't sound so little to me.

Popular Posts