Numbers


Some numbers with their coinciding commodity:
3 - Hours since this headache started
8 - Different people that I reminded myself to call by writing their name on my hand
6 - People I actually called, sorry Aliza and Monterey recreation center
39:11 - Minutes I spent on the phone on hold, waiting to talk to someone from eTrade about my restricted account
40 - Shares in Krispy Kreme that I'm forced to sell
58 - approximated dollars that I'm losing in the transaction
3 - Loads of laundry that I took out of the dryer that are waiting to be folded
0 - Loads of laundry I'm probably going to fold tonight
12 - Pop tarts that I've eaten in the last 3 days
2 - Times I fell asleep in class today
14 - Pages of "Every Man's Battle" that I read during class today when I was supposed to be paying attention
5 - People that can't fill in for me for the Middle School's worship tonight, which subsequently won't happen
24-14 - Estimated score for the Flag Football Championship that i'm playing in, with the Navy winning over the Marines*
1 - Week since I've had a good day.

One of my Iraqi teachers told me that I was gaining weight. And she doesn't mess around. I think that they are a lot less tactful in Iraq. I guess if they routinely kill people over something as meaningless as a cartoon, I shouldn't expect too much tact. She's probably right, anyway. Keep that prayer coming, it gets me through.

*Correction: 16-13 - Actual final score of the championship game, with the Marines beating us in the last 30 seconds. The perfect end to this perfect day.

Comments

Nom de plume said…
send me your e-mail address, mondo!

Popular Posts