Rebuttal or How Our Minds Change Over Night or Once I Was a Child, I No Longer Am


I spoke with my dad last night, and he encouraged me to count my blessings. So, with that in mind, here are some more numbers:

76 - Degrees Today
3.69 - My current GPA in Arabic
90 - Percentile of my Arabic proficiency among my classmates
>300 - Total number of hours I have been able to spend in ministry with my middle school kids
45 - Pages of poetry and prose that I have written in the last four months
6 - Organized sports teams that I have been a part of in the last year
35 - Miles that my car gets per gallon, which is especially helpful in California (2.71 / gal)
6 - Months since I've had to pay to get that car fixed
6,000 - Dollars that I have to my name thanks to the Navy
10 - Hours of paid recording time that the NextGen ministry is providing for for me
7.5 - Hours of freetime that I have on any given day
2 - Months left before Baseball season begins
120 - Estimated total wins for the Cardinals this year, including the World Series
5 - Members of my immediate family that tell me they love and are praying for me (not counting the rest of you)
0 - Number of times I've been beaten, shot at, targeted with a roadside bomb, or deployed to a war zone in the last year
1 - Savior

My school has started a process to select two students from my class of 30 to study abroad in Egypt for a month, begining at the end of March. I put in my application and am doing everything that I can to help my chances of being selected. Also, I spoke with Mike Higgins today about traveling as a leader to Honduras again with Greentree back home. He sounded very optimistic. Thank all of you for your support and love. Its good to be reminded sometimes.

Comments

Romondo Davis said…
You already know this, but I love you!

Your biggest fan,

Dad

Popular Posts