Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rebuttal or How Our Minds Change Over Night or Once I Was a Child, I No Longer Am


I spoke with my dad last night, and he encouraged me to count my blessings. So, with that in mind, here are some more numbers:

76 - Degrees Today
3.69 - My current GPA in Arabic
90 - Percentile of my Arabic proficiency among my classmates
>300 - Total number of hours I have been able to spend in ministry with my middle school kids
45 - Pages of poetry and prose that I have written in the last four months
6 - Organized sports teams that I have been a part of in the last year
35 - Miles that my car gets per gallon, which is especially helpful in California (2.71 / gal)
6 - Months since I've had to pay to get that car fixed
6,000 - Dollars that I have to my name thanks to the Navy
10 - Hours of paid recording time that the NextGen ministry is providing for for me
7.5 - Hours of freetime that I have on any given day
2 - Months left before Baseball season begins
120 - Estimated total wins for the Cardinals this year, including the World Series
5 - Members of my immediate family that tell me they love and are praying for me (not counting the rest of you)
0 - Number of times I've been beaten, shot at, targeted with a roadside bomb, or deployed to a war zone in the last year
1 - Savior

My school has started a process to select two students from my class of 30 to study abroad in Egypt for a month, begining at the end of March. I put in my application and am doing everything that I can to help my chances of being selected. Also, I spoke with Mike Higgins today about traveling as a leader to Honduras again with Greentree back home. He sounded very optimistic. Thank all of you for your support and love. Its good to be reminded sometimes.

1 comment:

Romondo Davis said...

You already know this, but I love you!

Your biggest fan,

Dad