Friday, March 17, 2006

Poker night, the tournament of our lives


So it's back to the numbers thing. Word to Elisa for reminding me about it.

0 - Morning quiet times I've woken up for in the last two days. Pray for me
188 - pounds with all of my clothes, jacket and boots on. You do the math
3 - points I scored today in a pickup basketball game to 16, we lost
10 - Dollars that I put into the bracket pool with the guys in class
10 - Dollars I regret putting into the bracket pool with the guys in class. Go Illini
7/9 - games that I guessed right in said bracket. Again, go Illini
6 - Minutes that I spent in a speaking test that usually lasts for twenty before the teacher decided to give me an A
3 - Blog readers, if my calculations are correct. Thanks.
2 - Quarts of Strawberry Kool-aid that I just made. Which marks the first time I've made kool-aid since moving away from home
15 - Guys under the age of 25 at the men's retreat out of about 140. It was awesome, the Lord taught me so much
4 - Months 'till Honduras
1 - Savior that still shines through on such an overcast afernoon.

I'm off to play poker with a crew that I haven't hung out with since most of them got married within the last year. It should be fun. There's nothing quite like Christian poker night. It's so friendly. God Bless.

3 comments:

Romondo Davis said...

I pray for you daily. Thanks for sharing so creatively.

Elisa said...

i need an extra dose of prayers tonight, mondo.

Elisa said...

P.S. Sometimes I wish I only had 3 readers... it would be easier to be vulnerable. It's a horrible feeling to know that someone wants to keep track of your life, but not have any type of relationship with you.

I'm thrilled with your A!! Good job.