It's 'cause I'm white, isn't it?


It rained today, like I haven't seen in years. It's strange to be caught so off-guard by something that I've grown up with, like rain. It's just been so long since I've seen it. It came down hard. It was a perfect compliment to the 95 degree heat. My room mate has been playing some RPG on his xbox since he got off work six hours ago. It's a game filled with several specific catch phrases that are repeated over and over again. Needless to say, it's getting old. I went to practice for the Navy flag football team here on base today. I was one of three white guys on the team of 12. I got no respect for that fact, and because I was the new guy. They didn't cover me very closely, and the Quarterback only looked at me a couple of times. I caught three touchdowns.
Things are slowly taking shape out here. I'll be checking out a church on sunday with one of my friends from Monterey that I knew from church and the bible study. Hopefully it's the one I'm called to. I'm still looking for a car, and I desperately need to find one. Labor day or Memorial day or whichever is coming up, which hopefully means a trip up to Lookout Mountain to spend with my boyz. We'll see. Anyway, life is going on. Word.

Comments

Popular Posts