One From Augusta


Augusta, GA. I found a new coffee shop on base. It's about a mile walk away from my room. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact that Georgia is in the south. And in August, the south is hot. I actually enjoy the heat, though. It's a nice change of pace. But this new place charges for using the internet. So needless to say, I need to find a new place to bum the internet. This base is awesome. It's enormous, full of open fields and sidewalks. I need to buy a car as soon as possible. I'm not really clear on my work schedule, but I think that the check-in process will take three days. I'm already planning my first trip up to Lookout Mountain to visit the guys, but that will have to wait until I can buy a car. I think I'm going to buy a bike to get around base on. Money just leaves.
Anyway, Augusta is alright from what I've seen of it. There are malls and department stores and Best Buys and even a Panera Bread. It's good to live in a major Metropolitan area again. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep this thing going, too. God Bless.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahhh panera bread, Heather and I ate there the other day for lunch, so good. I'll be checking this often! Love ya and miss ya.

Popular Posts