Thanksgiving


Yesterday, I got back from a thanksgiving road trip that I took with my buddy Matt to visit his family in South GA. I was given thursdaya and friday off from work, which made it unpractical to drive home to STL. So, I did the next best thing. Matt offered to bring me along for a Thanksgiving meal at his Grandmother's house in Brunswick, GA. It was a fun four hours of driving. We spent Wednesday night at his sister, Andrea's, house. Andrea and her husband have a 9 month old baby girl named Ava, who is adorable. We left there thursday morning for Brunswick which was another hour away. We arrived to find most of the family already there; I met his three uncles, four aunts, five cousins, and his grandmother. The food was immaculate, they know how to cook in the deep south. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. Matt even threw up afterwards after a game of frisbee, because he had eaten so much. It was a far cry from the Instant Oatmeal, cereal, and the ocasional yogurt cup that I've grown used to eating. I def. missed my family on Thanksgiving, but it was nice to be apart of theirs. Seacrest out.

Comments

Romondo Davis said…
Mondo, great to hear you had "family" around you for the great day of giving thanks. The cultural experiences you are having are as great as the ones I had when I was your age. We miss you.

Popular Posts