Tuesday, April 15, 2008
An Angsty Top 10 List for the Bringing Down of Optimists
Here's a list I made out of angst, entitled The Top 10 Shows Within Driving Distance of St. Louis that I Would Attend This Spring/Summer Were I Not Trapped in Augusta, Georgia, Where the Only Bands that Come Through are Hootie and the Blowfish (yes, they're still making music) and Where The Local Film Festival Draws an Audience of 25 People. This should be fun:
10. The 10th Annual Roger Ebert Film Festival, April 23-27 at the University of Illinois, Champagne, IL.
9. Flight of the Conchors Show, May 14 at the Chicago Theatre, Chitown, IL.
8. Lollapalooza, August 1-3, Chitown, IL.
7. Feist Live in Concert, July 13, Kansas City, MO.
6. John Mayer at Riverport (or whatever they're calling it these days), July 3, St. Louis, MO.
5. Alison Krauss and Robert Plant Live, June 19 at The (fabulous) Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO.
4. Wilco Live, May 15-17 at the Pageant in St. Louis, MO.
3. Iron and Wine Live, June 13 at the Pageant.
2. Wakarusa Music Festival, June 3-5 in Lawerence, KS.
1. The Fundamental Elements CD Release Party for their forthcoming album, The Cycle We're Living In, on May 23 at Blueberry Hill in St. Louis.
Not to mention all of the Cardinals games I'd go to. But noooo, I have to stay here in Augusta and listen to crappy country music and pay $10 dollars to go see movies with Hayden Christensen and Tara Reid in them. Those 778 days can't come soon enough.