Support Letter (or, support E-mail)


It's getting down to the wire with this one. So, I figured I'd throw this out into the blogosphere to see if any of you would be interested. Let me know what you think

Dear friends and family
As some of you may know, I have been spending much of this last school year working with Young Life at Evans High School here in Augusta, GA. The ministy has been difficult, but extremely rewarding as I have been able to understand, bit by bit, my own need for a savior and the reality of the sin and death that we are faced with every day. This world is a fallen place, but I have been blessed to be used to speak and live out a message of the love and life that Jesus Christ offers to these students. I would ask for your continued prayerful support of the work that is being done at Evanc HS and throughout the Greater Augusta Area.

Every summer, YL Augusta takes a group of students to Frontier Ranch in Buena Vista, CO for a 10 day camp that is promised to be the "Best week of (their) life." Young Life goes to great lengths to ensure that this is the case, as these camps are designed to proclaim the Gospel through adventure and fun, and to give us leaders every opportunity to invest in the kids' lives and share in Jesus's love for us. It is a truly exciting time, and I greatly look forward to it.

The primary issue with getting kids to camp has always been the cost. Frontier Ranch costs $750 per camper, which is especially difficult in a lower income area such as Augusta. To help combat this and bring the overall costs down, we will be giving the kids a chance to raise support through a community service project on Saturday, May 3rd. We will be helping to renovate an old building in downtown Augusta to prepare it to be used as a primary care location for Christ Community Health Services (an awesome organization). Students are expected to ask their friends and family to help support them with a set amount per hour worked. The project will last no longer than 3 hours.

There are several kids that I feel are in a very unique place in their lives and with regards to their (lack of) relationships the Lord. I desperately want them to be able to come along, so I too will be working on Saturday. I would ask that you prayerfully consider contributing to the Lord's work by sponsoring me and my three hours of work. If interested, please call me at (314)308-5269 or e-mail me at mahndo@gmail.com. I pray that you would continue to keep me, Evans HS, and the students I have come to know in your prayers; that the Lord would be glorified through our work at Young Life and that souls might be won over to Him. Thank you for your love and support.

With Love,

Mondo Davis

Comments

Popular Posts