ReEVOLution


In a tiring effort to decide for whom to cast my Presidential vote in three weeks, I've started to become weary of the whole McCain/Obama humpfest. The decision is between an "Advocate of Change" that has no real credentials, and who I suspect will crap his pants when he is elected and realizes that you actually have to be CAPABLE of running a country to be president; and a semi-crazy war vet, who, from what I can tell, is one of least marketable people in the country. I've started to believe that the two are the same person, but one is good for poor people, one is good for everyone else. Both are bad for the country in their own way, and I hate the idea of casting my vote in spite of somebody. So, I've begun to explore other options. My first choice was Sir Ron Paul, who had momentum, but couldn't ever get his party behind him. When Dr. Paul endorsed some guy named Chuck Baldwin from the Constitution party, I figured he was worth checking out. Chuck is about as conservative as any conservative can be; guns, closed borders, military autonomy, life, etc. But its refreshing to see a candidate campaign for what he believes in, not as a spokesperson for a bunch of out of touch rich people(Dems/GOP.) As Chuck says on his own behalf, when talking about the potential waste of a third party vote:

In the first place, a wasted vote is a vote for someone you know does not represent your own beliefs and principles. A wasted vote is a vote for someone you know will not lead the country in the way it should go. A wasted vote is a vote for the "lesser of two evils." Or, in the case of John McCain and Barack Obama, what we have is a choice between the "evil of two lessers."


I've started to question my ultra-conservative values of elections past, in some arenas. Though, honestly, I believe that campaign issues, such as abortion and gay marriage, don't really matter at the end of the day. What matters is how capable a candidate is of allowing the Nation to continue to be great, and ensuring that every single person has the opportunity to step up and be successful. I think Derek Webb said it best when he said that "we've never had a savior on Capitol Hill." In short, I'm still pretty torn.

Though, in my Constitution Party research, I've uncovered a bit of an Underground third party following. Breakthematrix.com had some amusing articles, and Baldwin's own website had a couple of videos embeded. The Revoultion is coming. Here's my favorite:


Comments

Popular Posts