The House Show




I had a house show last night.

It was awesome. There was probably somewhere around 40 people there to see myself and Mindy Fletcher sing some songs. I never would have expected such a turn out, first of all. I just don't know what to say about it. I had so much fun, there was good beer and conversation and people loving on each other and I made new friends and sweated my ass off after jumping around on stage for 45 minutes. I mean, I absolutely loved it. I'm trying not to over access my motives and all of that insecure garbage that I want to exploit to belittle myself. I wanted to go into the night with no motive besides creating a place where people could be together and share in life with one another. Also, I invited a few of my new musician friends so that they could hear some of my stuff, so we can call that a motive I suppose. I want to develop, also. I realize as I always have that there is a lot of improving that needs to happen with my music. But, I want to try and do it. I want to put my music in front of people and ask them what they think: people that will give me some honest response. I don't want to hold onto it, I don't want to keep it for myself. I want to get good at sharing and giving it to people. Last night was a good first step in that direction, and as I listen back to the recording of it, there is clearly a lot to improve on. But life is about moving forward, about handing things to people and sitting with them and walking towards something. It was a huge thing that happened last night, and I was so grateful for everyone that participated. It was a beautiful night.

Comments

Popular Posts