Colorado Update: It's Love that Makes Us Who We Are.


'tis been a while since I've updated, so here's a quick one to wet your appetites. I'm entering my last week at Ute Trail and its a bitter sweet. My heart is calling out with anxiety and fear of what's ahead. The folks I've walked alongside out here have grown dear to me, and it's coming to be time to say goodbye. Goodbyes are not necessarily something that I'm afraid of, as I've gotten pretty used to them. But, the community and the hearts of the people that I've been walking towards will be hard to walk away from, despite the natural role that walking away plays. It's been a life-giving experience being out here, and it's not quite time for a requiem yet. There still is one more week. Tonight, I'm playing a show at a coffee shop venue in Lake City, CO. I don't quite know what to expect, but I feel excited to get to share my music with these people out here. I'm convinced that most of calling and ministry is hashing out the details and specifics of where we're supposed to go and how we're supposed to labor. Tonight is part of that. So, we will see how it goes. I've got some friends that are going to play with me, and I'll be recording the whole show in case any of it ends up share-worthy. Should be fun. But, I'm entering into this last week with a quiet calm about the uncertainty of the next six weeks. There is adventure to be had and Christ to discover. So off I go to chase it. Thank you for all of the birthday wishes, as well. It's love that makes us who we are, and yours is invaluable to me. And, you haven't had a birthday until you've had one at 12,000 feet. Be loved.

Comments

Popular Posts