Approaching the End of Things (Springtime Comes Across Several Mediums)



Moving day. One more moving day; the eighth moving day in the last nine months. Transience is a bitter sweet thing. My last nine months of constant movement (ATL, STL, Colorado, Spain and back again) have brought me into contact with some beautiful people. The mountain-loving Texans I met out in Colorado were some beautiful people. My soccer buddies in Spain, hailing from Belgium, France, Italy, England, etc., were some of the most fun people I've ever spent time with. And, they were unbelievable soccer players. The ministry team at En Vivo's commitment to the spreading of the gospel in the most hostile and inconvenient of environments will always inspire me. The guys at Snake Nation, where I've been staying, have an awesome sense of community with one another, and are working to make the world a better place. They're really doing it. I have loved these people that I've gotten to walk alongside over this last season of life.
But, the bitter taste persists. And that bitterness, growing more and more apparent in my life, is ripened by the sense that what I really want is a place. I want to be here, in Atlanta. I want to not be counting down the days or months until my next adventure that will take me to some foreign part of the world. I don't want to have to keep myself slightly withdrawn on account of the immanent coming life shift to the next place. Relationships have not been something I've felt comfortable really investing in at any one stop along the way, because they were all going to have to come to a sort of end once the time came for me to carry on to the next place. So, while my experience has been invaluable, it's been accompanied by that ticking-clock pretense.
Anyway, all of this is to say that I'm so very excited about moving into my apartment where I will be for the next six months. I have a place that I can call "home" here in Atlanta, again. And it feels so good. It's not permanent, but it is temporarily permanent. And I am very, very happy for it. So, bring on responsibility and community involvement and Atlanta Silverbacks patronage and voter registration. I'm in Atlanta now and I'm staying, until the road calls again…

(Priscilla, this isn't my "I have a home" post quite yet. In the meantime, see below.)

Comments

PEACH said…
I mean, this seems like it can qualify. Or at the very least, preface.

Popular Posts