From My Facebook Feed (or, "Why everything will be okay")


“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,
I will now arise,” says the Lord.
“I will protect them from those who malign them.”

Psalm 12:5


Below are a few quotes that I've copied and pasted from my Facebook feed. Here's my hope; in the midst of a tragic election results (from a Human Rights perspective), caring, Kingdom-minded Christians can now stand up for the voiceless, and will do so by rejecting isolation and inserting themselves directly into God's redemptive story. My prayer is that the fear and uncertainty that a Trump presidency inspires will not incapacitate us, but will instead motivate God's people to go out and advance His kingdom through love, service, and sacrifice. This may be the start of a revival; one that could actually bring about real change in the lives of the marginalized, under-fed, and oppressed masses who are overwhelmed with desperation. God's people will answer with a resounding, unceasing "Yes" to His call to love the unloved, to stand up to injustice and oppression. Perhaps, now, we can be the Church and move forward in love and hope in the one who calls us His own.

- I will not let this be the end of it. I will dedicate my life to making this country a place worthy of my children; a place where everyone feels safe and welcome; a place where hate doesn't win in the end.

- No matter who you are and who you voted for: I love you. You matter. Let's find a way to do this together. Trump's ascension to power has been fueled by bigotry, racism, and misogyny. This is not who we are, not when we are our best selves.
We have a lot of work to do.

- Friends are speaking of banding together, rising above, speaking truth to their children and their neighbors. Basically, being the America they hoped to elect.

- God is sovereign....and he is the god of justice! So let's use all our resources, voices, and privileges for "the least of these"
Let's be the Kingdom of God in action.

- Above all, we show love to one another, giving our best and expecting that best from others. We are America, not the President.

- Possibly the best thing you can do at this point is to be to be present, and slow to speak.
Historians will look back on this moment and analyze how we, as a nation, reacted. The moment is ours.

- Isn't it best to teach our kids that no matter what, if we want to see change the worst way to do it is to run due to circumstances not being how we'd like them? If you want to see change then go start in your own community to affect change. Run to opportunities to learn and teach, not from them.

- I hope you take hold of your faith (I'm clinging to the return of Jesus) and think, desire, and act upon changing what we have today in America. While history would debate if America was ever really great, today we can strive and act upon wanting to make a difference to make it better.

- To the rest of my family I say let us grieve, let us take all the time we need. But once we have dried our tears for the day and washed our faces, let us move onward into light and hope. There has to be better in this world.

- I will not be silent. I will not stand by idly if things go to shit. I will protest. I will volunteer. I will love. I will yell. I will listen. I will learn. I’m still learning everyday. I will fuck up, I’m sure, but I will not give up on you, on me, on us, on this country.
We have our work cut out for us. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and do the hard thing. Let’s go high when they go low.

- You don't "tell the children" anything. You show the children what a leader looks like and how to change the world by YOUR charitable and humble acts. Going on a rant on Facebook does not change Donald Trump, but it has sure spread your hate to the people that read your message. If you want someone kind and compassionate, be that person. If you want a leader for the underdog, the minority, the women, be that person.

- Your actions as an individual to love and care for others are not defined by who stands in the Oval Office. If you truly want to make a difference, don't sit around and wait for an election to happen. Go do something

Comments

Popular Posts