Productivity

Productivity is a peculiar thing. It's a simple shift of approach. I spend hours reading news headlines or scrolling through social media feeds, but the time spent doing such always feels wasted. Reading, writing, creating, or fulfilling those pesky responsibilities that pile up always feels more satisfying to me. It's like I have this enormous potential, as we all do, to build something worth building, but that potential is squandered away as we watch youtube videos and play video games. It's no wonder the world seems so despondent and hostile, it's full of people that are wasting their potential on mediums that don't bring them any satisfaction.
I'd like to commit to productivity, but I know how it will go. I'll have a good couple of days where I get a lot of things done, motivated by the ecstasy of productivity, rewarded by its rewards. But then I'll slink back into focused isolation, distracting myself from the reality of my lack of access. I'll run to screens and sleep and things to consume and end up back where I started.
But, what the hell. Let's give it a try.

Comments

Popular Posts