Sleep


A marked machination miles away
As she cries through the morning and into the day
As heaven and earth, both on timid display
They bow to her tireless wonder



And I am a savior of silence and sight
A constant reminder of whats wrong and right
I walk from my chambers and into the light
That laughs at my hopes for deep slumber


These monsters are mocking my tireless years
My dreams and my visions my hopes and my fears
To screens they’re enslaved, the voices they hear
Whisper unnoticed abuses


And I am a savior of cynical plight
An aging assumption of what’s wrong and right
I walk to the meadow to welcome the light
That laughs at my ill-fitted nooses


So hear me, my darling the morning arrives
And asks us why we have been wasting the night
When sleep should have held us, ever so tight
And relieved us of all of these questions


But I am a savior of fog and of haze
A jilted philanthropist, lost in his ways
I walk in the shadows, and cover my face
To not let them see my positions


So come, oh nirvana, oh heavenly rays
And shine your sweet light on my downtrodden face
Come carry me onward to this darkened day

And hide me so I can be sleeping

Comments

Popular Posts