A Christmas Eve post not entitled "Why I Hate Christmas?"

And, this on Christmas Eve. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow night and in to Christmas morning. So, I'm fighting to stay awake as late as possible tonight to get ready for that shift. Here's an update (in convenient bullet points)

- My Gawd-awful full arm cast finally came off on Tuesday. I am currently very pleased with the shorter, pocket sized version that they gave me. It's been awesome being able to actually utilize my elbow again, and I wouldn't trade it for the world (I would, however, trade it for "no cast at all.") It's uncanny how little one appreciates elbows until one is without it for a month.

- Christmas time is here, though you don't need me to tell you that. That girl I can't stop thinking about and her beautiful outlook on life has convinced me that Christmas is really a beautiful thing. This is, of course, in stark contrast to my previous Christmas attitudes, when my comfort seemed wrapped up on condemning the deadly consumerism that Christmas feeds. I'm very much looking forward to 54 hours from now, when I get to see my family again, and see their faces when they open the gifts that I have found for them, hopefully feeling every bit of love that I have for each and every one of them.

- Plans are becoming a bit more concrete. Less than 150 days until I am TFO of the navy. Then, almost two weeks chasing kids around Colorado with YL, two subsequent weeks in South Africa for some FIFA World Cup action (go Korea!) then a week+ with the fam on a Reunion Road Trip across the country, then I sleep for a month. After I wake up, I'll be enrolling at Georgia State University for the fall semester, studying Applied Lingustics for as long as that takes me. Then, whatever: and I mean that from the deepest confines of my soul.

- I really, really miss my beard. I had to shave it off when I went back to work last week, and I've missed it ever since. 150 days, Mondo. 150.

Those are the big ones. Winter has very much found its way to Eastern Georgia, and brought with it all of its stigmas. Sorry if this is a bit monotonous and drawn out, but it is almost three in the morning. But, that's my life in a nutshell, so to speak. Solidarity.

Comments

Popular Posts